Do you have what it takes? FanDuel is looking for a customer support manager.
Looking for a chance to get involved in the emerging daily fantasy sports market? Then FanDuel wants to hear from you. We’re looking for a Customer Support Manager who has what it takes to help us push FanDuel to the next level.
FanDuel is recognized as the world’s leading daily fantasy sports game, and we are growing at a phenomenal rate. We have given away over $5 million in prizes, launched tournaments that attract thousands of players and are scaling our team and operations to do more, faster!
Despite our growth we pride ourselves on providing excellent customer service and support and that is something we want to build on and improve…with your help.
Our passionate and dedicated Customer Support team is at the forefront of ensuring we maintain our reputation and critical to our continued success by helping users have a superior customer experience.
The Customer Support team is responsible for providing support to our users; interacting daily to help them enjoy and play our games, assist with account opening and funding issues, provide constant communication in the event of game problems, identify issues and problems as soon as possible so the engineering team can jump on them right away, and be a constant supporter and advocate of the users and FanDuel.
You will need to be passionate about fantasy sports (and US pro-sports in general), love interacting with users to help them get the best experience possible from our games and excel at dealing with the challenge of solving issues in real time.
What you will be doing:
The Customer Support Manager will be responsible for building and leading support team; hiring to our high standards other team members that are passionate about sports, helping users and maintaining our high quality experience. Once team members have been hired, you will help them get trained to ensure they are familiar with all the tools and the issues they are likely to encounter on daily basis. You’ll also help the product team ways we can improve our site and the ways we provide support so users can get instant answers to questions.
This is an incredible opportunity to get in on the ground floor of a rapidly growing start-up. FanDuel is the market leader in the fastest growing segment of the fantasy sports industry, and the decisions that you make will help shape the future of the industry. Compensation is competitive, and will include the possibility of stock options or equity.
Location: New York, NY
Job Type: Full time
What we are looking for:
- First and foremost you need to be passionate about fantasy sports
- Ability to work hours that include 5pm-9pm Eastern
- Willingness to work weekends and off hours shifts as needed to accommodate the US sports schedule
- Extremely strong communication skills – especially written, but also on the phone
- Ability to quickly understand complex topics related to the contests and other issues on the site and exhibit good judgment with regard to handling those issues
- Willingness to be on call 24-7 at times
- Experience at providing high touch customer support
- Experience of managing a small team working to flexible schedules
- Oversee all areas of customer support, including building and managing the team (e.g. hiring, training, supervising, development)
- Resolve all user issues, questions, incidents, compaints, etc. in a timely and professional manner and to the complete satisfaction of the user
- Process withdrawal requests, while monitoring for fraudulent activity
- Understand the nature of user issues, interpret the complexities and escalate as appropriate to product and engineering team members
- Communicate user requests, needs and trends internally
- Provide an internal monthly report, with summaries of major issues, user needs and recommendations
- Identify ways in which we can improve how we provide support (tools, etc.)
- Develop resourcing plans for scaling the customer support team as the user base grows
Other skills we will be looking for:
- Proven and demonstrable experience of customer support in a consumer centric web product company.
- Passion for helping people
- People management skills
- Great attention to detail, highly organized, with a focus on quality of work
- Superior interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- 3+ years of experience
- Excellent professional references
How do I Apply?
To apply for this position send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Due to the amount of great applications we have already received, applicants must include a cover letter addressing the questions below or they will not be considered for the position.
Your cover letter needs to:
1. Explain why you are the right person for this role – refer to the job description for details of the specific skills and experience we are seeking
2. Detail your experience with fantasy sports in general, and daily fantasy sports in particular
3. Demonstrate your strong written communication skills, your understanding of complex support issues and your good judgment by providing a response to both of the following hypothetical support scenarios…
#1 – Ten minutes after games start, you receive a support ticket from a user that says the following: “Help! I just entered a 10 person, $100 entry fee contest. After submitting my lineup, I noticed that I’m the 11th person in the contest. Please cancel my entry from this contest.” Please write a brief response to this user (note that we are not so much interested in the right answer as we are in how you respond) and detail why you gave that response by including an explanation of the thought process behind it. For purposes of this discussion, assume that you will not be able to get guidance from another member of the Fanduel team for the next two hours.
#2 – Five minutes before game time, you get the following support ticket: “Help! I accidentally entered a $100 contest. It’s contest number S123456. Please cancel it for me.” The ticket comes from a player who you know has never entered a contest above $25 before. Assume that you haven’t been given any guidelines for this scenario, that you do have the technical capability to cancel player entries, and that you’re expected to handle issues of this magnitude without any assistance. What do you think the correct resolution would be and why? What is your reasoning and what factors do you think are relevant to the decision?
Again, please get your resume and cover letter to email@example.com as soon as possible and we will get back to shortly.
Entry filed under: Site improvements.