New draft screen is live!
With a new season of MLB approaching, we’ve been doing a bit of spring cleaning. We are thrilled to announce the release of our new draft screen design! Some of you will already have seen it in beta, and it has now been switched on to become the default for everyone. Thanks to all of you who provided feedback in the beta trial process.
We evolved this screen to overcome some of the problems with the old design. It had started as an early FanDuel prototype and was starting to look pretty crowded, especially for big contests. The new and improved version is better in several ways:
- More compact – the height is approximately 30% shorter than the previous design, making entering more convenient
- Improved player navigation – made easier with position tabs and game matchup filters instead of drop-down boxes
- Entry list – for leagues and tournaments you can now see who has entered already
- Prize list – the prize total and prizes by position are shown more clearly
- Clearer entry fee selection – brought to the top and made more prominent
- Better user feedback – explaining why you can’t add some players (e.g. because you’ve already selected their position)
Our other priorities on the development side have been getting things in shape for MLB season, including scaling up our infrastructure to cope with what we hope will be a huge influx of new players. There will also be plenty more exciting on-site developments to come over the next few weeks and months so watch this space!
Entry filed under: Site improvements.